TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say SACKED! Moreno Longo axed by Frosinoneby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveMoreno Longo has been sacked by Frosinone.The Serie A minnows announced the dismissal of Longo this morning.Along with Longo, the coach’s backroom staff are also sacked with immediate effect.Frosinone are currently second from bottom of the Serie A table, five points from safety.
Ex-Real Madrid president Calderon: I’m outraged Ronaldo was soldby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has again hit out at the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo.Ronaldo left Madrid for Juventus over a year ago – and Calderon says the club is yet to recover.He told AS: “He should never have left, it’s amazing that he was let go. “It’s impossible to do without such a player. 60 goals per season … no player can bring you such a guarantee. He is irreplaceable, just like (Lionel) Messi. “I am outraged that this may have happened, while (president) Florentino (Perez) keeps saying that Cristiano’s signature was the best of his mandate.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Harry Redknapp regrets missing out on Liverpool jobby Paul Vegas10 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveHarry Redknapp admits he regrets missing out on the Liverpool job.Former Tottenham manager Redknapp has revealed how he would have loved a chance to stand in the Anfield dugout as the Reds’ manager.”If I had one club I’d loved to have managed it would have been Liverpool. I loved them,” he told the Daily Mail. “I can see them winning the league this year. Give them the title and give it to them now. “I’ve had a big bet and I think the bookmakers should pay me out!”
Johnson impressed by Chelsea youngstersby Paul Vegas6 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Chelsea fullback Glen Johnson is impressed by the club’s youngsters.Johnson singled out one of the Blues’ young players for acclaim, and thinks it would not be a surprise to see them playing Champions League football next season.”Tammy Abraham has impressed me the most because the Premier League is a totally different beast to the Championship,” he told Betdaq. “To score the amount of goals he has so far shows he’s handled the change very well.”I hope Chelsea can fight for a top four place.”If they can get anywhere near then it’s an absolutely fantastic season for them. With Manchester City and Tottenham not firing on all cylinders I think they have got a real chance.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Inter Milan directer Marotta details Alexis plansby Carlos Volcano5 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveInter Milan directer Beppe Marotta says they won’t seek to buy a replacement for the injured Alexis Sanchez.The Nerazzurri have lost Sanchez for two to three months following ankle surgery, as he damaged tendons while on international duty for Chile.“We designed the squad in a specific way and we would’ve been happier without Alexis Sanchez’s injury, of course, but we are also optimistic and trust he’ll be back within two months,” Marotta told DAZN.“After that, our forward line will remain unchanged. We have a competitive side in attack with different options.“The January transfer window is open to clubs, even if the top players are rarely available to move during that period. It’s our duty to be vigilant and see what opportunities the market offers.”
TUSCALOOSA, AL – SEPTEMBER 30: Minkah Fitzpatrick #29 of the Alabama Crimson Tide reacts after he and Isaiah Buggs #49 sack Shea Patterson #20 of the Mississippi Rebels at Bryant-Denny Stadium on September 30, 2017 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)The weather in New Jersey has been decidedly less than ideal this winter, and more snow is on the way tonight into tomorrow. Residents all over the Garden State are anxious for spring to finally arrive.But some residual snow didn’t deter Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peter’s Prep 5-star cornerback Minkah Fitzpatrick, an Alabama signee, from getting in an off-season agility workout this afternoon. Fitzpatrick hit the (covered) turf at his high school’s practice field to do some footwork drills, and he posted video of the training on his Twitter account. Nice day at the beach GET RIGHT! pic.twitter.com/S7yxv06o3J— Minkah FitzMagic (@minkfitz_21) March 4, 2015Fitzpatrick is known for his smooth style of play, good footwork and strong technique. If he can maintain those assets in the snow, just think what he might be able to do in Tuscaloosa when the weather will be nicer.
ANN ARBOR, MI – APRIL 04: Head coach Jim Harbaugh of the Michigan Wolverines looks on during the Michigan Football Spring Game on April 4, 2015 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh has done a nice job turning around the Wolverines in his first year on campus, and as such, UM fans are looking to celebrate him for Halloween. A quick look on social media reveals that dozens of Michigan supporters are going as Jim Harbaugh – khakis and all – for the holiday. Check it out:@CoachJim4UM @umichfootball @UMichAthletics I present the greatest Halloween costume ever JIM HARBAUGH!! pic.twitter.com/WetOpqNW5J— Jacob Anderson (@Go_Blue1415) October 29, 2015What’s better than Jim Harbaugh? TWO Jim Harbaughs! #GoBlue #Halloween pic.twitter.com/yvy2RLltxx— Susie Pearson (@SusiePearson02) October 28, 2015@umichfootball Happy Halloween Coach Harbaugh! Like my costume? Go Blue! pic.twitter.com/GaCUCqr6uO— Ty Seighman (@sig_ty) October 24, 2015In reality, it’s an easy costume to pull off. Still, we’ll give anyone props who promotes college football on Halloween.
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola admits Liverpool’s form at present makes them untouchable in the Premier League title race.The Reds are now nine points clear at the summit – and 10 ahead of City ahead of their game Sunday at Southampton – after thrashing Arsenal 5-1 at Anfield on Saturday.Jurgen Klopp’s men are now unbeaten in their first 20 matches of the campaign, and have scored 48 goals and conceded just eight so far this term.Though Guardiola has spent in the region of £539 million ($685m) on players since arriving at the Etihad Stadium, the ex-Barcelona boss says his City side are currently unable to compete with the Merseysiders. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? “We did well so far,” said Guardiola prior to Liverpool going nine points clear. “We got 44 points in the first round.”If you get the same number of points in the second round, that’s 88 points. With 88 points, you are champions. You have the numbers to be champions.”Most of the Premier League champions in the past 20 years won it with less points. We did quite well. We did really well.“But of course you have the past two games, against Crystal Palace and Leicester, and you have that sense, because there are two teams there now who are better than us in the last month.“What can we say when Liverpool keep nine clean sheets and score a lot of goals? We cannot compete with that in terms of comparing with them.“So we look at ourselves, and tomorrow against Southampton, we have to do what we do, and try to win, and when that happens, everything comes back to a normal position.”Successive defeats to Crystal Palace and Leicester City have seen City surrender their grip on the title race, after their stunning 2017-18 campaign during which they accumulated 100 points and over a century of goals.But City will have the chance to bridge the gap and change the momentum of the title race in the coming days when they face Saints before hosting Liverpool on January 3. Subscribe to Goal’s Liverpool Correspondent Neil Jones’ weekly email bringing you the best Liverpool FC writing from around the web
Son Heung-Min has apologised ahead of leaving Tottenham to represent South Korea at the Asian Cup, with Spurs looking to land a first major trophy for 11 yearsThe 26-year-old missed three games earlier in the campaign to play for the country at the Asian Games – helping South Korea to a victory which earned him exemption from military service.Though Son will miss South Korea’s opening two group matches in the United Arab Emirates, he will join up after the Premier League visit of Manchester United on January 13.If Paulo Bento’s side reach February’s final Son could miss as many as four matches of Spurs’ season, including the Premier League games against Fulham, Watford and Newcastle as well as the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Chelsea. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? And with the north Londoners attempting to mount a title challenge alongside Liverpool and Manchester City, Son has lamented the timing of his latest international call-up.”Of course I feel very sorry because I miss already in September [Asian Games],” he said.”I feel sorry for my team-mates, the fans and the coaching staff.”It’s difficult. Sometimes you think it’s a bit sad, but it is also important for my country.”I hope I can keep my form for the national team and when I come back here again as well.”Since returning from the Asian Games, Son has recaptured some of his best form with eight goals and five assists in his 16 top-flight appearances.The ex-Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen forward admits he was jaded following his exploits for his country but is ready to rise to the big occasion once again.”I was tired after the Asian Games because in that tournament it was playing after [every] two or three days,” he added.”It is very important to be right mentally at the Asian Cup and to come back with a strong mind and be strong physically.”It [November] was a turning point for me because I was tired and I didn’t travel.”It was good to have this time, some days off, and hard sessions with the team. But the Asian Cup is big for us because we have not won it for 59 years.”I’m going there not just to enjoy it, I am going there to win something and come back with confidence.” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s lawyer Peter Christiansen insisted a warrant for the Juventus superstar’s DNA is a “very standard request” amid the ongoing investigation into a rape allegation. American Kathryn Mayorga has accused Ronaldo of sexually assaulting her in a hotel in Las Vegas in 2009, with the Portugal captain having come out to “firmly deny” the claims. German publication Der Spiegel first reported the accusations, which also included the suggestion Ronaldo paid Ms Mayorga $375,000 (£288,000) in 2010 as part of a privacy agreement, preventing her from going public with the allegations. Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ms Mayorga filed a lawsuit in an attempt to quash that agreement while Las Vegas police have re-opened an investigation. On Thursday, the Wall Street Journal reported that police in Las Vegas police had requested a sample of Ronaldo’s DNA, citing “a law-enforcement official with knowledge of the case.” The report also claims that a warrant was recently sent to the court system in Italy. Christiansen has previously confirmed that the payment was made to Ms Mayorga, but said documents presented as evidence had been “stolen” and “completely fabricated”. “To be clear, Mr Ronaldo vehemently denies all of the allegations in the complaint and has consistently maintained that denial for the last nine years,” Christiansen said in a statement in October. “The documents which purportedly contain statements by Mr Ronaldo and have been reported in the media are complete fabrications. It is my understanding that in 2015, dozens of entities [including law firms] across many different industries throughout Europe were hacked and their electronic data was stolen and captured by a cyber criminal. “This hacker attempted to sell this data, and one media outlet has now irresponsibly published the stolen documents, significant portions of which were altered and/or completely fabricated. To absolve any doubt, Mr Ronaldo has always maintained, as he does today, that what occurred in 2009 in Las Vegas was consensual in nature. “While Mr Ronaldo does not deny the existence of the mutual agreement and release, his motivations for agreeing to that resolution have been twisted to say the least. “Far from any admission of guilt or any ulterior motive, Mr Ronaldo was advised to privately resolve the allegations against him in order to avoid the inevitable attempts that are now being made to destroy a reputation that has been built upon hard work, athleticism and honour. “Unfortunately, he now finds himself embroiled in the type of litigation that is all too commonplace in America.” Furthermore, following the report that a DNA sample has been requested, Christiansen game a statement to Omnispor t, saying: “Mr Ronaldo has always maintained, as he does today, that what occurred in Las Vegas in 2009 was consensual in nature. “So it is not surprising that DNA would be present, nor that the police would make this very standard request as part of their investigation.” Ronaldo, 33, has scored a league-high 14 goals in Serie A and 15 in all competitions for Italian champions Juve this season, having arrived from Real Madrid in July.