Newcastle winger Florian Thauvin has returned to Marseille on loan until the end of the season. A club statement read: ” There is no option for purchase within the deal, so Thauvin will return to Newcastle at the end of the loan.” The 23-year-old joined the Magpies in a £12million deal in August 2015, and made 16 appearances, scoring once in the Capital One Cup win over Northampton. Newcastle confirmed the move was not expected to lead to a permanent switch back to the Stade Velodrome. Press Association
Wins for Scottsburg, No. 72 Cut and LoadSCOTTSBURG United and No. 72 Cut and Load recorded contrasting wins in the first round of the TWINS (Bayo) Beer Garden/Upper Corentyne Cricket Association (UCCA) Under-19 cricket competitions, which bowled off last Saturday with two matches.Scottsburg United defeated No. 72 All Stars by 134 runs, while No. 64 Fighting Marines forfeited the game to No. 72 Cut and Load.Playing at home, Scottsburg United batted first and were bowled out for 160 in 31 overs. Alex Burnett 44, Stefon Mangal 21 and Saif Ghannie 15 were the top scorers.Bowling for No. 72 All Stars, Taleshwar Baichan took 3 for 11 and received good support from Khameshwar Chaterpal, Sanjay Deochand and Gavin Chaterpal with 2 wickets each.In reply, No.72 All Stars were bundled out for a meagre 26 runs from 11 overs. Extras top-scored with 10.Doing the damage for Scottsburg was Aeron Jamaludeen taking 5 wickets for 2 runs off 2 overs and he got good support from Rudy Jamaludeen with 3 wickets, while Stefon Mangal picked up 2.At the No. 72 ground: No. 72 Cut and Load won by virtue of No. 64 Fighting Marines’ forfeiture of the game after the game was severely interrupted by rain with only 7 overs bowled. No. 64 had reached 19 for 4.The UCCA has since launched an investigation into the matter since there was time for a reduced-overs match. The match was awarded to No. 72 Cut and Load.
Baku: A determined Valtteri Bottas resisted an attacking final charge by his Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton to win Sunday’s Azerbaijan Grand Prix and regain the lead in the 2019 drivers title race. In a thrilling, closely-fought and dramatic race, the Finn came home 1.5 seconds ahead of Hamilton as Mercedes swept to a fourth successive season-opening one-two finish, the first team to do so since Ferrari in 1952. It was Bottas’ second win this year and delivered some redemption after leading last year on the streets of Baku until his car suffered a puncture with three laps remaining. “Yes, ha!” said the delighted Bottas. “Amazing job guys — really, really strong. I am so proud to be part of this team.” The two Mercedes men came home ahead of Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari, Max Verstappen who was fourth for Red Bull and, after a storming effort, Ferrari new boy Charles Leclerc, who started eighth on the grid and scored the fastest lap after a late pit stop. “We are all performing really, really well,” said Bottas of the Mercedes team. “It was a tough race even though not that much was happening. Lewis put on the pressure, but it was under control.” His fifth win lifted him one point clear of Hamilton in the embryonic championship courtesy of his fastest lap in Australia. Bottas has 87 points, Hamilton 86 and Vettel has 52. “Congratulations to Valtteri – he drove a fantastic race, made no mistakes and deserved the win,” said defending five-time champion, Hamilton.RELATED “It was all lost in qualifying (for me), but it’s great for the team – the best start we’ve ever had.” Vettel said, “There’s plenty of work for us to do, but at this point, I think we need to maximise what we can. I think we had some pace, but we had to keep an eye on Max behind.” On a clear blue-skied afternoon by the Caspian sea, Bottas, on pole for the eighth time, made a clean start and held on as Hamilton, who had an even quicker getaway, drew alongside. The Finn, on the cleaner line, held on and rebuffed Hamilton twice more before the champion relented. Vettel in pursuit Vettel stayed third, but his Ferrari team-mate Leclerc climbed from 10th, having started eighth, to fifth by the end of lap eight. On lap 10, he passed Verstappen with aplomb at Turn One to go fourth behind Vettel. The Racing Point team began the pit stops, followed by Daniel Ricciardo’s Renault and then Vettel, attempting an under-cut for Ferrari, with a stop in 2.4 seconds. Bottas responded by pitting in 2.8, after 12 laps, to leave Hamilton leading Leclerc by just four seconds. Bottas rejoined fourth behind Verstappen. Hamilton came in after 13 laps as Leclerc passed to lead with Verstappen second and Bottas third. Hamilton rejoined fourth, two seconds clear of Vettel, thus negating the German’s earlier stop. By lap 30, the top trio was separated by just 2.5 seconds, Hamilton closing on Bottas as Leclerc clung on. On lap 32, Bottas dived past Leclerc to regain the lead while Ricciardo failed in a lunge on Kvyat at Turn Three where both ran off. The Australian then reversed into the Russian’s Toro Rosso car causing both to retire. Hamilton followed Bottas past Leclerc on lap 33 and soon afterwards Vettel also went by. Finally, Leclerc pitted for fresh tyres after lap 35 and rejoined sixth, Ferrari having explained that an earlier stop was unworkable because the softer tyres would not last. All this left Leclerc, who swiftly passed Gasly, more than 21 seconds adrift of Verstappen with 14 laps remaining while the Mercedes duo set the pace with Vettel, third, in pursuit. Gasly then slowed into a slip road to retire with a power failure, prompting the use of a brief Virtual Safety Car period that ended with Bottas pulling three seconds clear of Hamilton and Vettel closing up in a final five-lap dash to the flag. Mercedes’ fourth consecutive one-two finish matched Ferrari’s feat in 1952.Valtteri Bottas was denied victory in Azerbaijan last year due to a puncture.Bottas secured his second win of the 2019 season. highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
USC filed a motion in the Los Angeles Superior Court Wednesday opposing claims in the wrongful termination lawsuit that former football head coach Steve Sarkisian is entitled to punitive damages from the University.Though Sarkisian is seeking $30 million in retribution for the alleged breach of contract and discrimination on the basis of disability, USC has refuted that claim in its formal response.“It is absolutely false that Sarkisian ever admitted to having a drinking problem, to being an alcoholic or needing to seek treatment,” the University stated.Sarkisian, whose issues with alcohol started becoming questionable after he appeared visibly intoxicated during a speech at a Salute to Troy alumni banquet, was fired by USC athletic director Pat Haden halfway through the season after a loss to Washington. USC reports state that Sarkisian told Haden that he had only two light beers during the booster event, but that mixing alcohol with a medication he had been taking for anxiety caused him to become unknowingly sedated.Sarkisian’s civil lawsuit issued on Dec. 7 cited a phone conversation in which the coach admitted to Haden after the Washington loss that he was, “suffering from depression and anxiety” and asked for professional help. The lawsuit further argued that Sarkisian was wrongfully terminated instead of allowing the time off he requested to seek the appropriate treatment.The recent USC filing identified a clause in Sarkisian’s five-year contract that allowed the school to fire him for reasons that included the use of, “alcohol or any substance which adversely affects Sarkisian’s ability to effectively perform his duties as a head coach.”Rather than alerting University officials of his suffering with alcoholism, the University said Sarkisian denied that he had a drinking problem, but blamed his inability to perform the essential functions of his job on, “marital stress, lack of sleep and anxiety for which he was taking medication.” The basic responsibilities that USC motion listed as essential to performing his duties as a head coach included showing up for practice and speaking events.The University response additionally denied that USC sports psychologist Dr. Robin Scholefield “ever treated, counseled or prescribed medication to Sarkisian as described in his lawsuit.”Sarkisian’s lawyer, Alan Loewinsohn said in email to ESPN.com:“Rather than just make broad sweeping conclusions, we filed a very detailed 31-page complaint that sets out much of the factual basis for Coach Sarkisian’s claims. We are anxious to have our day in Court. We remain confident that when the matter is tried the truth of those detailed allegations will be confirmed.”
General Secretary Jerome Valcke was put on leave ahead of an investigation by the organisation’s ethics committee.He’s been implicated in an alleged scheme to sell World Cup tickets above face value – it’s an allegation Valcke denies.
All invited players are expected to arrive at the Bolton White Apartments Hotel, Abuja on Friday, 18th May before the contingent moves to Uyo at the weekend.INVITED PLAYERSOlufemi Kayode (Lobi Stars)Olorunleke Ojo (Akwa United)Olufemi Thomas (Rangers International)Musa Muhammed (Lokomotiv Plovdiv)Stanley Okoroma (MFM FC)Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars)Ikouwem Utin (Enyimba FC)Adeleye Olamilekan (FC IfeanyiUbah)Austin Opara (MFM FC)Isiaka Oladuntoye (Enyimba FC)Chinedu Ajana (Katsina United)Raphael Ayagwa (Plateau United)Destiny Ashadi (Katsina United)Kelechi Nwakali (MVV Maastricht, Netherlands)Alhassan Ibrahim (FK Austrian Wien)Chidiebere Nwakali (Aberdeen FC, Scotland)Usman Mohammed (Norway)Dayo Ojo (Sunshine Stars)Emem Eduok (Kasimpasa FC, Turkey)Sadiq Umar (NAC Breda, Netherlands)Tosin Omoyele (Plateau United)Kadiri Samadi (Lobi Stars)Ibrahim Alhassan (Kano Pillars)Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Ahead of Tuesdayâ€™s glamour friendly match with newly â€“crowned Europa League kings, Atletico Madrid FC of Spain at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo, Super Eaglesâ€™ B Head Coach Salisu Yusuf has invited 23 players, among them highly â€“rated Plateau United striker Tosin Omoyele and Katsina United defender Destiny Ashadi.There were also call-ups for Akwa United FC goalkeeper Olorunleke Ojo, Enyimba FC forward Isiaka Oladuntoye, FC IfeanyiUbah defender Adeleye Olamilekan and Lobi Starsâ€™ duo of Olufemi Kayode and Ebube Duru.A sprinkle of foreign â€“based actors, including the nimble â€“footed Alhassan Ibrahim, former U17 World Cup â€“winning captain Musa Muhammed and the Nwakali brothers (Chidiebere and Kelechi) was also included.
Share StumbleUpon Submit Related Articles Sportradar combats social media abuse with player protection solution August 17, 2020 Share Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020 David Lampitt, Sportradar: F1 presents betting’s most sizeable opportunity August 14, 2020 Betinvest will supply Sportradar with of a range of classic sports coverage including the inaugural WIN CUP table tennis competition.The agreement, which came into effect in April, sees Betinvest provide Sportradar with near round-the-clock coverage featuring more than 300 professional table tennis players. The athletes will compete in seven daily tournaments, many of which are played simultaneously. This has resulted in the sports betting provider supplying up to 100 matches per day.Max Dubossarsky, Betinvest COO, stated: “We are delighted to be partnering with Sportradar, one of the world’s leading distributors of sports data and content. As a result, even more customers will get reliable, highly sought-after content from us.“With the spread of coronavirus and the cancellation of most high profile sporting events, the demand for live sports content has grown many times over. This has pushed us to be innovative and resourceful in our approach to creating live content of the most popular classic sports. “As an experienced provider, we have responded to this by expanding the number of sports, events, markets and more that are offered in our sports betting solution.”The partnership also includes match statistics, technical support and full live streaming of the event, which takes place in multiple Ukrainian cities including Dnipro and Kharkiv.Berkant Elieyioglu, Sportradar’s Managing Director Live Data, added: “We’re pleased to have partnered with Betinvest at this important time as we continue to diversify our product offering and broaden the coverage we offer our customers.”
“Very proud (of my players). They played really, really hard. And gave it everything they had. Just ran into a better team tonight,” Kerr said. “They outplayed us, they deserved it. But I’m very proud of our effort.”Cohn reacted to the video of him side-eyeing the reporter on social media by responding to others, and even retweeting someone who shared the footage.Don’t enter the Cohn Zone! https://t.co/BPOziNpnSy— Larry Krueger (@sportslarryknbr) June 6, 2019I guess the lesson here is if you’re asking a question near Grant Cohn, you may receive a nasty look in the process. At the start of Steve Kerr’s press conference Wednesday night following the Warriors’ Game 3 NBA Finals loss to the Raptors, there appeared to be some drama brewing between reporters.An ESPN Brazil reporter was asking about Golden State’s hustle in the fourth quarter, and this struck Santa Rosa Press Democrat reporter Grant Cohn the wrong way. He gave an intense look over in the other reporter’s direction, offering a sense of confusion about what was being asked. MORE: Kyle Lowry wants fan removed from NBA Finals after shoveIt seemed like a decent enough question, and Kerr answered it with no hesitation.
Following updated lockdown guidance from the Government, to be implemented on 4 July, golf bodies in England have welcomed the changes but have made clear they remain vigilant as golfers and staff begin to return to play and work.As part of its regular series of meetings with golf bodies, The All-Party Parliamentary Group for Golf met immediately after the Prime Minister’s Statement on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the upcoming changes and their implementation, as well as how the industry is responding to current Government regulation.Speaking on behalf of the Group, its Chairman – Member of Parliament for North Warwickshire – Craig Tracey said: “Golf as an industry worked hard to be one of the first sports to resume as restrictions were lifted. All industry bodies involved in the Group have worked closely together to ensure adherence to lockdown rules have been implemented, sharing their experience to ensure golfers, club staff, and the wider industry, have returned securely.“The feedback we have received is that golfers have returned to the sport with enthusiasm, and did so complying to social distancing rules. Those who have been working should be praised for their part in ensuring that smooth transition and are confident the easing of restrictions will be no different.”On the timing of the relaxed rules, Tracey added: “For those of us in England, we have been given time to consider the new rules which should be used to consider the implications fully and put in place the necessary steps the sport needs to continue to rebound quickly and – above all – safely.”England Golf CEO Jeremy Tomlinson said “The work done by those involved in golf during lockdown has been tremendous and that has enabled us to respond quickly and decisively. Like all, we welcome the safe easing of restrictions and look forward to welcoming back even more people – players and staff – to golf. That we have been given time to prepare the changes and the way in which the guidance has been presented is very helpful to clubs, shops and the wider industry.”Rob Maxfield, CEO of The PGA, said “Golf professionals have been working incredibly hard in recent weeks since golf returned and with restrictions easing, we hope to see more people getting to clubs throughout England and the UK. We will encourage our members to review the updated guidance and put in place the steps they need to ensure people can back onto courses as soon as possible.” 24 Jun 2020 Golf bodies welcome restriction easing Tags: Coronavirus
Clouding the hope that Ebola cases in Liberia are nearing zero, a new outbreak has emerged in the Zuma Town, St Paul Bridge community leaving six dead and one contact escaped to Zekeleh, Lofa County. The new outbreak was disclosed by the Coordinator of the Ebola Task Force for electoral district #16, Mr. G. Baccus Karpeh on Tuesday when he made remarks at the program marking the Assessment tour of Mercy Corps, distribution of Anti Ebola materials and community engagements conducted by EQUIP Liberia and the Liberia Crusaders for Peace (LCP) held in the Borough of New Kru Town.Mr. Karpeh disclosed that the new Ebola outbreak in Zuma town community, St.Paul Bridge in the Borough of New Kru Town has over twenty residents quarantined.He further disclosed that the taskforce has for the past few days been in search of Kebbeh Tarnue who was in direct contact with the victims.Mr. Karpeh said his greatest fear is that the lady, who is the direct contact to the victims and has escaped to Lofa County, will infect others and Lofa will suffer the recurrence of the virus.He disclosed that the taskforce is working tirelessly to make sure that those who are quarantined are taken care off.“This outbreak occurred on January 6 when six members of the family including the mother and father got infected with the virus and died. We presently have one of the contacts in the Ebola Treatment Unit (ETU) while over 20 persons are quarantined,” Mr. Karpeh reported.Following his remarks, Liberia Culture Ambassador Juli Endee promised to work with the Task Force to make sure there is widespread awareness through the Ebola Community Action Platform Project (ECAP) to prevent further spread of the virus in that part of Liberia.She said, “We Liberians don’t hope to have more new cases in our country again, so we will work together to have the lady who escaped arrested and quarantined. We want to make sure that Ebola is totally eradicated from Liberia and our neighboring countries Guinea and Sierra Leone. It only took a single person to cause the outbreak,” she cautioned.When contacted via mobile phone the Incident Management System (IMS) Director, Minister Tolbert Nyenswah, disclosed that he was aware of the situation in that part of Montserrado County, but said measures are being put in place.Reporter: Sir, are you also aware of the contact who escaped to Lofa County?Min. Nyenswah: “I am not aware of any contact escaping to Lofa County but the task force is working to make sure things work out good. For the past days we have reported no new outbreak in Montserrado County,” he insisted.Meanwhile an official from the task force, who requested that his name be withheld, when contacted disclosed that the task force has been actively engaged in tracking down the lady who is reported to have escaped to Lofa County.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)