Anthony Warlow Begins Performances in Finding Neverland on B’way

first_img Finding Neverland View Comments Show Closed This production ended its run on Aug. 21, 2016 Related Shows Opera and musical theater favorite Anthony Warlow will return to the Great White Way on July 10 in the Broadway.com Audience Choice Award-winning tuner Finding Neverland. He steps in temporarily for Kelsey Grammer in the role of American producer Charles Frohman. Warlow will play a limited engagement through September 13, when Grammer is currently scheduled to return to the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre.Warlow made his Broadway debut in 2012 as Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks in the revival of Annie; he previously played the role at Melbourne’s Regent Theatre. He recently took on the title role of Don Quixote in Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Man of La Mancha in Washington, D.C. His additional musical theater credits include The Phantom of the Opera, Doctor Zhivago, Les Miserables and Guys and Dolls. On the opera stage, he has performed in Die Fledermaus, The Magic Flute and The Tales of Hoffman.Directed by Diane Paulus and featuring a score by Barlow and Kennedy and a book by James Graham, Finding Neverland follows the story of J.M. Barrie (Matthew Morrison) and his relationship with the family of widow Sylvia Llewelyn Davies (Laura Michelle Kelly). Llewelyn Davies’ children eventually became Barrie’s inspiration to write Peter Pan. The cast also includes Carolee Carmello, Teal Wicks, Alex Dreier, Hayden Signoretti, Noah Hinsdale, Hayden Signoretti, Christopher Paul Richards, Sawyer Nunes, Jackson Demott Hill and Aidan Gemme.last_img read more

Man City draw PSG in CL

first_imgThe holders Barcelona will face fellow Spanish side Athletico Madrid.Bayern Munich will take on Benfica while Real Madrid will play Wolfsburg.The matches will take place on April 5 and 6 and April 12 and 13.last_img

AHS first ever marketing conference at ACC

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisAlpena High School and Alpena Community College partnered up to build a bridge between exiting high school students and incoming college freshmen by making, what they call, a connection. That was the theme for this year’s conference. WBKB has more on what took place.Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/WBKBTV/ Twitter | https://twitter.com/WBKB11 Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/wbkbtv/AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious United Way of Northeast Michigan Welcomes New Director: Sonya ThomasNext Alpena’s Summer Movies By The Bay Returns Friday With A Roarlast_img

Red Bank Volunteers Take Trash Pickup in Hand

first_imgBy Grant Playter Now, on the first Wednesday of each month, Taylor and an ever-expanding group of volunteers meets up at Antoinette Boulangerie on Monmouth Street at 9 a.m. to spend an hour going up and down the street picking up trash. “I see a lot in the media about overabundance and toxicity of plastics everywhere in our oceans and environment and so forth,” said Taylor, 48. “Going into Red Bank every day I see garbage on the streets and thought this would be an awesome event to put together.” The event is sponsored by the Red Bank Business Alliance (RBBA), a nonprofit coalition of Red Bank business owners formed three years ago with the goal of bringing as many people to town as possible. The “Pick It Up!” program is one of the latest RBBA efforts to help the town. Taylor serves on its board of directors and brought this proposal to them for approval and funding. “And I said, don’t give up,” said User. ”I said, one day everyone will hear about it, this is going to be great. Just don’t give up. Even though there are two people, keep doing it.” “The whole idea of the slower you go, the more you see, is going to help people realize just how much of a problem that is,” said Taylor. “And I hate to be so ‘doom and gloom’ about it, but you kind of need this shocking, eye-opening experience to really bring it to light and to start helping people make a change.” Ultimately, while Taylor expressed interest in expanding the “Pick It Up!” program as much as possible, more than anything he wants to spread awareness of one’s surroundings. Even if people don’t attend the Wednesday morning pick-ups in Red Bank, slowing down, seeing garbage where they are and picking it up and throwing it out serves the goals just as much as volunteering with the group. Taylor advocates for pedestrians to slow down and really look at the ground as they walk along the street. He theorizes that the slower someone walks, the more they will realize that streets that seem clean are still covered in little bits of trash. “My whole goal is there’s so much plastic on the street, let’s just pick it up,” said Taylor. “If you see a piece of plastic on the ground – paper, cardboard, whatever it is – you see garbage, pick it up. It’s that simple.” For Taylor, this cleanup isn’t just about his immediate surroundings. He’s worried about the large-scale environmental impact human pollution is having on the world. He is particularly passionate about the impact of plastics. “Red Bank just needs a group like us, getting their hands dirty, to keep moving and making this the Red Bank that it used to be,” said Ayca User, 40, former president of RBBA and owner and operator of Antoinette Boulangerie. The event has grown over its six month tenure. Its inauspicious beginnings started with just Taylor and a few others, but as time has gone on, more and more volunteers have joined. On Aug. 7 more than a dozen volunteers came to volunteer for the program. RED BANK – For his birthday Adam Taylor, CEO and owner of Splendor Design Group, wanted a cleaner environment for the town that houses his business. Rather than wait for others to make it happen, however, Taylor took the initiative, gifting himself the beginnings of the “Pick it Up!” program on that day six months ago. “Think globally, act locally, is what got me thinking about whatever I can do in my own life and my own day walking up and down the street,” said Taylor. “If we can come together and spread the word a little bit, maybe we can reach more areas.”last_img read more

KIJHL grows to 20 teams

first_imgThe Nelson Daily SportsThe Kootenay International Junior Hockey League is getting a little bigger.The league accepted bids by Chase and Summerland at the recent KIJHL meetings.Chase saw its franchise move to Rutland during the summer and applied to the league board for the opportunity to make a return for next season.Summerland also made a bid, but needs B.C. Hockey approval. Both teams will join the Okanagan/Shuswap Conference, bringing the number of teams to 10 and the league to 20.Also at Sunday’s meeting, League governors honoured Doug Birks by re-naming the Okanagan/Shuswap Conference, Shuswap Division to Okanagan/Shuswap Conference Doug Birks Division. Doug Birks passed away this past summer. His death was a major loss to his family, his friends, and the Sicamous hockey community. Birks was a founding member of the Sicamous Eagles Junior Hockey Club along with Wayne March in 1994, and was very proud of the young men who played for the Eagles and went on to become great ambassadors for the community of Sicamous, not only in hockey, but in [email protected]last_img read more

Mota Automotive Ltd captures Trail Men’s Basketball title

first_imgSteve Mota led the charge for the third-place regular season finishers with a game-high 26 points. Minko Mulic and Dylan Fitzpatrick each scored 18 points for Mota Automotive Ltd.Keelan Murtaugh had 18 points for Adrenaline Adventures, which finished fourth in the four-team league.Mota Automotive Ltd knocked off second-place Northport in the semi final while Adrenaline Adventures got past regular-season champ Rock Island. Mota Automotive Ltd completed a Cinderella season by topping Adrenaline Adventures 82-76 to captured the Trail Men’s Basketball League title recently in the Silver City.last_img

Everton v Chelsea: match preview, team news, facts and figures

first_imgSteven Naismith, now at Norwich, scored a hat-trick against Chelsea in SeptemberKick-off: 5.30pm, Saturday 12 March 2016Referee: Michael Oliver (Ashington, Northumberland)Match in a nutshell: Chasing just the one trophy now, Chelsea travel to Everton in the FA Cup quarter-finals, aiming to extend Guus Hiddink’s unbeaten domestic run. Injuries and suspensionsEVERTONRuled out: Tyias Browning (knee), Tony Hibbert (knee).Unavilable: Kevin Mirallas (suspended).Fitness test: Bryan Oviedo (chest infection), Aaron Lennon (hamstring).CHELSEARuled out: Kurt Zouma (knee), Radamel Falcao (thigh).Fitness test: John Terry (hamstring), Diego Costa (hip). Possible line-upsEverton: Robles; Coleman, Jagielka, Funes Mori, Baines; Besic, Barry; Deulofeu, Barkley, Kone; Lukaku.Subs from: Howard, Stanek, Stones, Oviedo, McCarthy, Cleverley, Osman, Pienaar, Lennon, Niasse.Chelsea: Courtois; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic, Kenedy; Mikel, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Traore. Subs from: Begovic, Amelia, Aina, Terry, Miazga, Clarke-Salter, Baba, Matic, Loftus-Cheek, Pedro, Pato, Remy, Costa. Vital statisticsForm guide – last five league matchesEverton total: L W L W W (9 points)Home: L L W L D (4 points)Chelsea total: D W W W D (11 points)Away: W W D W W (13 points)Top scorers – all competitionsEverton: Lukaku 23; Barkley 12; Kone 7; Lennon 6; Deulofeu 4, Funes Mori 4, Mirallas 4, Naismith 4; Cleverley 1, Coleman 1, Osman 1.Chelsea: Costa 15; Willian 10; Oscar 8; Pedro 5; Traore 4; Cahill 3, Fabregas 3, Ramires 3, Remy 3; Azpilicueta 2, Hazard 2, Ivanovic 2, Kenedy 2, Zouma 2; Falcao 1, Loftus-Cheek 1, Matic 1, Mikel 1, Terry 1.Last five meetings16 January 2016: Chelsea 3 Everton 312 September 2015: Everton 3 Chelsea 111 February 2015: Chelsea 1 Everton 030 August 2014: Everton 3 Chelsea 622 February 2014: Chelsea 1 Everton 0Everton 1 win, Chelsea 3 wins, 1 drawFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

August WASDE report bearish, watch the close

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Today’s report is a bearish report. Both corn and soybean production and yields were above trade expectations and near the high end of estimates. Corn production was estimated at 15.153 billion bushels with a yield of 175.1 bushels per acre. Ending stocks were estimated at 2.409 billion bushels. The US soybean production was estimated at 4.060 billion bushels with a yield at 48.9 bushels per acre.Old crop US corn exports were increased 25 million bushels while new crop corn exports jumped to 2.175 billion bushels, up 125 million bushels from last month. Old crop soybean US exports were up 85 million bushels with new crop exports were up 30 million bushels. The strong demand increases account for keeping soybeans from being down 30 cents or more. The ending stocks of 330 million bushels will keep the bears feeling good for the day. Again watch to see what where grains close.The USDA report today is a monthly supply and demand report. Traders are heavily focused on corn and soybean production in the US. For US corn and soybeans they will be watching both total production and yield.  Those numbers are easy to focus on with US corn and soybeans the main talk of the town as the growing season wraps up in a few weeks. This USDA report is the first report using actual field samples of corn and soybeans to aid in determining production and yield estimates.It appears the trade is heavily focused on the supply side of today’s report. Production and yield are easy to talk about. Everyone has an opinion. Discussion on demand has been largely absent ahead of this report. Demand continues to be strong for both soybeans and corn from the US. On Tuesday US soybeans had their 10th day in a row of old and/or new crop soybean sales to either China or unknown destinations.The market has been consolidating and trading in narrow price ranges for corn and soybeans the past two weeks. Any kind of surprise could yield a spike of 10-15 cents for corn and 20-50 cents for soybeans within a few minutes.Prior to the report corn was down 3 cents, soybeans down 9 cents, and wheat was down 2 cents. Near the 12:30 pm time frame, corn was down 7 cents, soybeans down 12 cents, and wheat down 8 cents.The previous estimates for new crop corn and soybeans began with the May report as USDA used trend line yields of 168 bushels per acre for corn and 46.7 bushels per acre for soybean for each of the May, June, and July reports. The July report did feature a small revision for corn and soybean acres using the June 30 acres report.Grain prices have been in a downward spiral since June 14. On that day December CBOT corn closed at $4.48 ¾. Last night it closed at $3.31 ¾. That same day November CBOT soybeans closed at $11.48 ¼, while last night they closed at $9.84. Frequent rains across much of the Midwest improved yield prospects from earlier indications. Bear in mind that not all areas received those rains since mid-June. The “I” states of Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana received those rains. Ohio did not.Don’t be surprised to hear drought stricken corn harvested in Ohio in the next two to three weeks. Corn on gravel ground in Circleville is done, the growing season shortened by both heat and a lack of rain in July. Northwest Ohio has also suffered from a lack of moisture as well as other areas of Ohio, particularly north of I-70.Prior to the report traders had estimated the US corn yield at 170.6 bushels per acre and total production at 14.757 billion bushels. The July estimates from USDA had US corn production at 14.540 billion bushels with a US yield of 168 bushels per acre. Trade estimates for soybeans were 3.941 billion bushels with a US yield of 47.5 bushels per acre. Last month USDA estimated soybean production at 3.880 billion bushels and a yield of 46.7 bushels per acre.Pointing to strong demand, we pick up additional sales again on Thursday with sales of 120,000 tons of new crop soybeans to China. Also today there were sales of 258,000 tons of new crop soybeans to China. Some are also suggesting that the old crop soybean export number could easily increase with this report. New crop soybean sales this week of 102 million bushels were the highest since 2003. They were also the second highest weekly number in history. While not impossible, it would be another strong indication of soybean demand to see old crop exports increase at this date. Keep in mind there is less than three weeks to go for the old crop marketing year that ends on August  31, 2016.Weather forecasts earlier today indicate central Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio could receive 3-5 inches of rain in the next five days. It would easily be welcomed to finish and potentially improve soybean yields. Rains will not bring back lost corn yields at this late date.Soybeans were especially volatile in the first five minutes following the report. They ranged from down 3 cents, then down 18 cents, then 12 cents, then hit 14 cents lower. This all happened within the first two minutes after the report release.We now know what USDA is thinking. The numbers are out. You can argue with the numbers or realize the USDA is over for this month. It will be most interesting to see where grains close. If November CBOT soybeans close below $9.65, they could challenge the $9.43 low early this month. Should December CBOT corn close below $3.25 they could challenge the $3.18 low made in October 2014.last_img read more

Murray Sweeps Aside Aussie Kyrgios

first_imgMELBOURNE, Australia — Andy Murray ensured there would be no five-set comeback for local hope Nick Kyrgios on Jan. 27, beating the 19-year-old Australian 6-3 7-6 (5), 6-3 in a quarterfinal match at the Australian Open.Kyrgios came back from two sets down and saved a match point in the fourth round Jan. 25 before beating Italian Andreas Seppi, the player who had eliminated Roger Federer.But on Jan. 27 at Rod Laver Arena, the excitable Kyrgios was undone by the sixth-seeded Murray’s steady all-court game and his own string of unforced errors, silencing the parochial crowd.Murray, who didn’t face his first break point until the seventh game of the final set, will next play Tomas Berdych, who upset Rafael adal in straight sets earlier Jan. 27. TweetPinShare0 Shareslast_img

Always feared England would produce their best on the biggest stage: Allan Border

first_imgFormer Australia skipper Allan Border said he always feared that England would produce their best on the biggest stage and they did exactly that against the Aussies in the World Cup semifinal.”I always had a fear in the back of my mind that England would produce their best on the biggest stage. They did just that and there wasn’t much Australia could do,” Border wrote in his column for the ICC.”You have got to give credit where credit is due, England’s performance was absolutely outstanding, and it was a performance that I have been anticipating for a while,” he added.The 63-year-old admitted that England put together a complete batting and bowling performance.”They were phenomenal in every aspect. The bowling in those first 10 overs is as good as we have seen from any team in this World Cup to put Australia under pressure. And from there they never really recovered.”But England have been the favourites right from the start. Sure they have had their wobbles, but when it really mattered they came up trumps.”Border, however, said Alex Carey got out playing an unnecessary shot.”The only criticism I might look at would be Alex Carey’s dismissal, an unnecessary shot when Australia were starting to recover. That might have made the difference between a 220 score and 260-270 score but the way it turned out that wouldn’t have been enough either.”Australia needed 350 that’s the bottom line really! England did everything right and thoroughly deserved that win,” said Border.advertisementHe felt that the Aussies were going in the right direction till the loss against South Africa in the final league game of the mega-event upset their rhythm.”I was in England for Australia’s two games at Lord’s and those were really solid performances. They were going in the right direction. But South Africa have been a bit of a bogey side, they had nothing to lose and a point to prove. They showed up a few flaws and Australia got a couple of injuries.”Those sorts of things can upset the biorhythms of a side, and that is exactly what happened.”Shaun Marsh breaks his arm in the nets, Usman Khawaja does his hamstring, if you are going to win tournaments, those sort of things don’t happen. But I don’t want to make excuses,” he said.Border though conceded that considering Australia’s form six months ago, it was a great effort by the team to reach the last four stage of the 50-over showpiece.”…if you asked me six months ago if Australia had any chance of making the semi-final I would have said absolutely zero. The way we were playing, we looked outdated and nothing was working for the side, the selectors were trying different combinations and it wasn’t happening.”That is very unusual for Australian sides over the years, we have always been there or thereabouts but we were a long way off the mark and the turnaround has been quite phenomenal.”Border said Australia’s performances through the World Cup were pleasing, very steady, good professional wins.”Nothing super exciting but they got the job done. We hoped they were saving their very best for when it really mattered but that wasn’t the case,” he said.Also Read | World Cup 2019: Kane Williamson, Joe Root stand a chance to eclipse Rohit Sharma as highest run-getterAlso Read | South Africa didn’t have chance to win World Cup without you: Yuvraj Singh tells AB de VilliersAlso See:last_img read more